7 BENEFITS OF AIR PURIFIER
Air pollution is one of the many health dangers we encounter regularly. In recent years, the air quality in our homes and offices has worsened substantially, and the air within the room has been discovered to be just as polluted as the air outside. Research indicates that people spend 90% of their time indoors after the outbreak of the pandemic. As a result, people who are exposed to indoor air pollution for a long time are more likely to develop health problems like asthma, and breathing problems, with common cold and flu occurring frequently. The elderly and chronically ill are the most vulnerable groups, with their health in grave danger.
While individual pollutant levels may not pose a serious health danger, most homes contain numerous sources of indoor air pollution. The combined effects of all the sources can constitute a serious concern. Fortunately, most people can take efforts to lower the risk from existing sources as well as prevent the occurrence of new problems.
WHAT CAUSES INDOOR AIR PROBLEMS?
Poor indoor air quality occurs when gases or particles are released into the air, lowering oxygen levels. Inadequate ventilation can further increase indoor pollutant levels by failing to bring in enough outside air to dilute emissions from inside sources and transporting indoor air pollutants outside the home. High temperatures and humidity levels are also factors that contribute to poor indoor air quality.
Combustion of oil, gas, and tobacco products; damp carpet and furniture made of certain pressed wood products; building materials and furnishings such as deteriorated, asbestos-containing insulation products for household cleaning and maintenance, central heating and cooling systems, and humidification devices; and personal care products can all contribute to indoor air pollution in the home. Other sources include the use of paint strippers in revamping projects, as well as the usage of cleaning agents and pesticides in the home. High pollutant concentrations may remain in the air for a long period after some of these procedures.
INDOOR AIR AND HEALTH HAZARDS
Indoor air pollution has health effects that can appear immediately or years later. Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, as well as headaches, dizziness, and weariness, are some of the symptoms. Minor side effects are usually modest and treatable. If the air quality is not changed and individuals are in the same environment, some problems, such as asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and humidifier fever, might arise on a regular basis.
Other health problems may appear only after prolonged or repeated exposure and include certain respiratory problems, heart disease, and cancer that can be highly severe or fatal.
BASIC STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE AIR QUALITY
Source Control- The most effective strategy to enhance the indoor air quality is to eliminate or reduce specific sources of pollution.
Ventilation Improvements: Increasing the amount of outdoor air that enters your home is another way to reduce the number of indoor air pollutants. The use of exhaust fans eliminates impurities from the room where they are installed while simultaneously increasing the pace of outdoor air circulation. This helps to remove bad odor, smoke, and other pollutants from inside the room.
Air Purifiers - There are numerous advantages to having a good air purifier in your home or office. To mention a few benefits, they remove dangerous substances from the air, manage allergies, and help you sleep better at night. They can also filter virus particles from the air, lowering the viral load and giving your immune system the best opportunity of battling COVID-19 and other infectious disorders.
The hazardous particles suspended in the air inside a room are captured by the advanced filtration technology in air purifiers. Superior filters such as the High-Efficiency Particulate Air filters (HEPA) in some air purifiers are found to be the most efficient, with nearly 100% efficiency can catch even the tiniest and most dangerous particles prevalent in the air we breathe inside. These filters should be replaced regularly as part of the air purifier maintenance to provide greater air quality and longevity.
Air purifiers are the best technology on the market for combating the effects of air pollution, and a rising number of people are turning to them. They are affordable, tiny, and portable with maximum performance.
TYPES OF AIR PURIFIERS:
HEPA Filters- HEPA filters in air purifiers may catch particles as small as 0.3 microns. These microscopic particles are invisible to the naked eye.
Activated Carbon- Activated carbon filters in air purifiers are good at absorbing foul odors, but they are not as effective at capturing viruses and bacteria as HEPA filters.
Electrostatic Precipitators- Electrostatic precipitators in air purifiers use high voltage electrical energy to charge particles flowing through the filters. The dead germs continue to accumulate on the electrostatic plates. These electrostatic plates must be changed periodically to keep the filter's efficiency, which increases your maintenance costs. Electrostatic precipitators also produce ozone, a reactive gas that can cause respiratory damage.
Ultraviolet Light Air Purifiers- UV rays are used in these air purifiers to eliminate bacteria in the air.
Ozone Generators- Foul odors are absorbed by air purifiers with ozone generators. They are widely used in hotels because the high quantities of ozone emitted by these air purifiers render the room unfit for usage for the next 24 hours. Even low levels of ozone exposure can result in chest discomfort, coughing, and shortness of breath. Long-term exposure damages your lungs and worsens respiratory problems.
BENEFITS OF AIR PURIFIER:
- Cleaner & Healthier Air- An air purifier's first benefit is to improve the general cleanliness of your indoor air by removing impurities. Given that indoor air is estimated to be 2 to 5 times worse than outdoor air by the EPA, this is critical. Air purifiers can kill germs and can help keep your family healthy by preventing germs from traveling from one sick person's room to another through your HVAC system.
- Reduce Allergies- Allergies are caused by pollen, pet dander, and dust mites being exposed to allergens that transmit pollen. Today's air purifiers are designed to keep indoor air free of contaminants that might cause allergies and long-term health problems.
- Fight Asthma and Other Respiratory Issues- Microbes that cause allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems can be helped by air purifiers. HEPA filters can filter out 99.9% of allergens on their own. Investing in the best carbon filter on the market can also help you get rid of odors and contaminants in the air. Air purifiers are one of the most effective and commonly used asthma prevention measures, and they're also a terrific way to remain healthy at home!
- Reduce Smell and Odor- If your surrounding region smells of unpleasant odors, air purifiers could be the best long-term solution to the problem. Cooking, water damage, and floods can all cause odors to pervade your interior air. Water damage can create a perfect breeding environment for potentially harmful mold to grow if left unattended. A good air purifier will not only filter your air, removing nasty odors and mold spores but also leave you with clean, fresh air to breathe.
- Clean Pet Hair- Pets lose hair and dander, as well as emit odor, putting children and other family members in danger of inhaling particulate-laden air. If the pet is not groomed regularly, the condition can become worse. When the suspended air enters your body, it may provoke allergies and lead to health problems in the future. Purchasing a good air purifier to eliminate hazardous particles is one of the things you must do to live in harmony with your pets.
- Kills Germs and Bacteria- Air purifiers are also an excellent way to guard against illness, flu, and colds. Instead of filtering the microorganism through plates like normal air purifiers, ultraviolet light purifiers capture and kill it completely. Air purifiers are an excellent sickness prevention tool that you should have in your home!
- Repel Mosquitos- The advantages of air purifiers have grown throughout time as technology has progressed. Certain air purifiers are effective insect repellents. So be pretty sure to get a good night’s sleep with an air purifier even during the heat and most insect-infested season, while at the same time, you'll be breathing fresh air and dreaming pleasant dreams.
Apart from the reasons listed above, there are many other benefits like improving sleep quality, removing harmful Radon, eliminating harmful chemicals, reducing airborne diseases, increasing your overall life expectancy, and a lot more.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING AN AIR PURIFIER:
Consider the following factors to get the most out of your air purifier and reap the maximum benefits:
- Noise Level
- HEPA Filters
- Asthma and Allergy Certification
- Clean-Air Delivery Rate (CADR)
- Air Change per Hour (ACH) Rating
- Ozone Emission
The following is a list of some of the well-known air purifiers we have on our website. You can decide on the one that best meets your needs and requirements:
Austin Air Healthmate HM400 Hepa Air Purifier - A clinically proven, medical-grade air purifier, the Austin Air Healthmate uses activated carbon and True Medical HEPA filtration which helps in delivering pure and clean air in flat 15 seconds. With a 3-stage filter system and a 5-year warranty on filters, entrust your health to this incredible machine and be free of respiratory diseases.
Mooka Air Purifier for Large Rooms True Hepa Air Filter - Breathe fresh air all time, every time with the Mooka Air Purifier, a must-have appliance for those in a polluted environment or those suffering from respiratory issues. The Mooka air purifier filters the air and eliminates smells and formaldehyde using a cold catalyst and an activated carbon and has a one-year return and replacement policy.
Mooka 3-in-1 True Hepa Air Purifier for Home - When your health is on the line, the Mooka EP1810 3-in-1 True Hepa Air Purifier is your one-stop-shop! It removes odors and smoke, neutralizes airborne dust, traps pet dander, and traps all allergens. It offers various unique characteristics, including a night light feature, a noiseless work mode, an easy-to-use design, and CARB certification.
Levoit Personal True Hepa Air Purifier - Feel a breath of fresh air bursting in your personal space with the Levoit air purifier. It is very efficient to remove even the smallest mold spores, pet dander, pollen, bacteria, VOCs, and bacteria as well as everyday household dust, unpleasant odors, and annoying smoke. A sleek model with an efficient 3-stage filtration process, this air purifier fills your home with ozone-free fresh air to provide you with a healthier life.
An air purifier has numerous advantages, and given the current state of the environment, it is a wise investment. Place the purifier in a place where you spend the most amount of time. Since the purifiers are portable, they can be placed wherever you want, and be moved from room to room if needed.