IS A SMART SCALE WORTH IT?
Are smart scales needlessly gimmicky or really useful? Well, with the ongoing advancements in technology, we need everything ‘smart’ these days. Phones, watches, refrigerators, so why not bathroom scales? Like most of our devices at home, the boring bathroom scale has received a digital facelift in the past few years. With data being paired with the wellness program of your choice, you can make the best decision for your health easily.
To really understand the utility of a smart scale, and if we need to invest in it, let us first know about it in detail.
What is a Smart Scale?
A smart scale is an intelligent bathroom scale that can communicate with applications to track different data. It can not only measure your weight and record data automatically but also track many other metrics like Body Mass Index (BMI), Body Fat Percentage, Muscle Mass, Lean Body Mass, Heart Rate, and much more depending on the model.
Advantages of a Smart Scale
- Built-in health tracking and management tools - The fact that smart scales measure more parameters than standard bathroom scales in terms of health is their first advantage. Weight is a mixture of several other significant health metrics. The information that smart scales can supply you with about your muscle, fat, and bone mass can subsequently be used to generate specific notifications or findings that you might otherwise overlook. For people who live particular lifestyles, some scales even offer athlete mode and pregnancy monitors to help determine body fat percentage in expectant mothers. These life phases simply cannot be measured using conventional scales.
- Trends - The way that smart scales gather and present your health data is another significant health benefit. Trends are a more essential approach to understanding health than daily fluctuations in weight because they can occur even within a single 24-hour period. The ability of smart scales to show clear trends on anything from weight to bone and muscle density helps you and your doctor learn more about your current health condition in several different ways. Trends may be seen on the smart scale itself, which a normal scale is unable to achieve. Shorter-term patterns are then gathered and displayed via an app. Longer-term trends can be observed from a comprehensive review using simple visual representations, which can help you determine whether there is a possible issue or significant success. Trends make it easier for you to relate outcomes to other life events, such as illness, stress, etc. Traditional scales lack graphics and require you to record your own data. Oh, and smart scales naturally allow you to quickly select your favorite unit of measurement, whether it be kilogram or pounds.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity- The influence Wi-Fi connectivity has on measurement behavior is one of the key health benefits of some smart scales. With a Wi-Fi-equipped smart scale, anyone can step on and have all of their health measurements recorded automatically, unlike traditional scales that need users to record their metrics manually or even Bluetooth® that require a phone nearby. It is crucial to routinely weigh and record data to improve health, so any obstacle—such as having to write something down or account for technological glitches—could lower the frequency of assessments. Smart scales may integrate your metrics into a program with other measurements, which is another area in which they excel. Traditional scales simply cannot customize and contextualize health metrics, but smart scales can.
- More Accurate- It has been established that smart scales are more accurate than conventional scales. Accuracy involves people's health journeys, where precise weight figures for muscle and fat are proof of diligence and commitment.
Convinced of buying a smart scale? Have a look at some of the smart scales available at wellbots.com and choose the one that suits your need.
- Garmin Index S2 - A sleek scale that gives you a more holistic view of your health, the Garmin Index S2 measures your body weight accurately. You can track your body fat percentage, muscle mass, bone mass, and even your body water % while receiving individualized data in the comfort of your own home.The Wi-Fi connectivity of the Index S2 Smart Scale allows you to sync your statistics and view them on the Garmin App. The software allows you to select the statistics you want to examine and to view graphs that highlight the key trends in your body's progress. Connectivity, in other words, greatly improves your understanding of your body! The Garmin Index S2 Smart Scale makes measuring your body composition quick and simple. It only takes a few seconds to walk on the scale and then some waiting! Your phone automatically records and syncs all of your info. On the same scale, you can even have up to 16 users! The Garmin Connect App will then allow each user to view their own personal information.
- Qardio Qardiobase 2 Wireless Smart Scale and Body Analyzer - The sleek bathroom scale is a great device that helps you get back in shape and achieve your fitness goals or for just monitoring your health. While the majority of smart scales merely measure weight changes and BMI in general, Qardio goes above and beyond by offering a detailed analysis of your muscle, fat, and bone percentages, as well as user-friendly monitoring software that lets you keep track of your exercises and fitness objectives. Compatible with Android 5.0 and iOS 10.0, it syncs with your preferred apps, including Cronometer, Google Fit, My Fitness Pal, Samsung Health, and Apple Health. Bring together all of your health trackings. Stylish and functional, the Qardio Qardiobase is designed for the whole family, cleverly recognizing multiple users. Ideal for anyone with visual impairment, the haptic feedback LED display is simple to read and provides a pleasant sensation to let you know your measurement has been taken.
- ETEKCITY Apex HR Smart Fitness Scale - The Etekcity Apex HR Smart Fitness Scale is a cutting-edge and clever gadget for a healthy way of life that will astound you with its features and technology. It provides a complete body composition analysis in a matter of seconds using the most recent bioelectrical impedance (BIA) technology, enabling you to monitor your progress and adjust your exercise routine to meet your specific objectives. With the free VeSync app or other fitness applications like FitBitTM, Apple Health, Samsung Health, Google Fit, and MyFitnessPal, the ApexTM allows you to adjust the scale display and monitor your progress. It includes 14 biometric measurements (heart rate, body mass index, body fat percentage, body water percentage, skeletal mass, etc.) that give a complete picture of your daily body composition.The Apex HR Smart scale has a luxury, svelte design, anti-skid cushioning, reinforced glass, and a large TFT display. It can easily be used to weigh babies and pets without taking your weight into account. The Zero-Current Mode, which switches the electrical current and is a fantastic feature of this smart scale for pregnant women and anyone with internal medical equipment like pacemakers, is yet another outstanding function.
- Fitbit Aria Air Bluetooth Smart Scale - Whether it's when gaining weight, losing weight, or building muscle, body weight and BMI information are ultimately connected to every milestone in a person's journey toward health and fitness. Allow yourself to gain a deeper understanding of this information with the Fitbit Aria Air. Through the Fitbit App, you can use the Aria to track more than just your weight and gain insights into your BMI. Through-the-simple to read charts and graphs on the Fitbit dashboard, you can view your patterns and follow your progress concerning them. Your phone can wirelessly sync over Bluetooth so that you can always view your progress. Additionally, it works with Fitbit Watches and Bands, allowing you to easily track how your exercise affects your weight. This can sync numerous Fitbit watches for multiple users. Toggle between pounds, kilos, and stones. Tech-savvy or not, the smart scales are slim and stylish gadgets, with a simple setup, and user-friendly app, packed with features, and worth the investment to kick-start your healthy lifestyle.