Drones have emerged onto the market in a big way. From recreational flying to taking aerial photos, there are a variety of tasks that drones are capable of! Because of the new trend, an increasing number of people are interested in buying a drone, but with so many different types and brands on the market, it's hard to know where to start. Let’s take a look at the five best drones on the market today.
1. Parrot AR Drone 2.0 This one is more affordable than most at $299, and it still performs great. This drone is Bluetooth capable to allow you to control it from your mobile device. You can even control the level of difficulty with the new “Absolute Control” feature. Once you have the drone flying in the air, you can record and save photos and videos with its fully equipped built-in 720p HD camera instantaneously. All of these features, along with its great durability, explain why the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 is one of the best drones on the market.
2. DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Drone This drone is a little more pricey at $679, but it is one of the best out there. It has a sleek design, great durability, and it is fun and easy to fly. The Phantom drone weighs only 6.8 pounds and is fully programmable. You can program a flight pattern and allow the drone to fly on full auto-pilot. If, for some reason, you get disconnected from your drone, it will automatically return to a home point or your location and land itself. The slogan "real flying at your fingertips" is very fitting! This drone is quite possibly the best drone that is on consumer markets today.
3. DJI Inspire 1 Drone This drone, which currently goes for $2,899, is considered the most advanced flight platform to date. The design of the Inspire 1 helps it to have a very stable and easy flight. The remote that comes with this drone allows you to view HD video while you fly it. The Inspire 1 has a fully integrated intelligent battery that powers it. The drone calculates everything from how much battery life is left to how much time and power it needs to fly back to you from its current position.
4. 3D Robotics X8+ Drone This drone will cost you $1,350. Its design and flight platform allows for the drone to be able to fly with a heavier payload than most. The aluminum frame allows for durability throughout the elements, but also makes it light enough for a great flight. The flight platform is completely customizable so that you can you set it up to carry a wide array of professional cameras and gadgets.
5. 3D Robotics X8-M Mapping Drone This drone is similar to the X8+ Drone, but on a whole new level of performance and price ($5,400). This mapping drone is designed to create high-resolution visual-spectrum aerial maps. It allows you to do professional mapping in three easy steps. The mapping drone is fully equipped with state of the art software and camera systems, resulting in amazing and breathtaking photos.
6. Parrot Bebop with SkyController This drone, which the latest innovation from Parrot feature an HDMI port to plug your FPV glasses for a complete immersion. See what the drone sees. Stable and easy to use, this is an high-quality drone for a more reasonnable budget ($899 for the version with the SkyController and $499 for the most simple one).
There are great drones for all price ranges, you just have to find the right one that fits your needs and budget.